Model, Missile, La Crosse with Launch Truck
Social Media Share Tools
- Topping Models Inc.
- This is a model of unknown scale of the La Crosse, a U.S. Army surface-to-surface missile based on mobile launchers. It had a range of 19 miles and carried either a conventional or nuclear warhead. First deployed in Western Europe in the late 1950s, it was withdrawn from service early the following decade. Topping Models made and donated the model to NASM in 1958.
- Credit Line
- Gift of Topping Models
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- MODELS-Missiles & Rockets
- Plastic, paint, adhesive, steel
- Overall (missile in horizontal position): 4 3/4in. x 3in. x 10in. (12.07 x 7.62 x 25.4cm)
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Air and Space Museum Collection
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.