Model, Apollo Astronaut on Moon
- Revell, Inc.
- This unassembled plastic model kit, in its original box, of an Apollo astronaut on the Moon, was manufactured and sold by Revell, Inc. beginning in 1970. The box art -- an artist's conception of an astronaut stepping onto the lunar surface -- played off of the excitement surrounding the Apollo program's successes. In the depiction, the astronaut's achievement is dramatized as he steps out of a partial shadow onto the Moon, with the Earth clearly visible above his head. Although the astronaut's face is pictured through the gold helmet visor, no individual astronaut is depicted. The model was found in the collection.
- Credit Line
- Donor unknown
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- Box, original, cardboard; model pices, plastic; instructions and decals, paper.
- Overall: 27.31 x 23.34 x 7.62cm (10 3/4in. x 9 3/16in. x 3in.)
- Other (model when assembled): 25.4cm (10in.)
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Air and Space Museum Collection
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)