Model, Apollo Astronaut on Moon
- Revell, Inc.
- This unassembled plastic model kit, in its original box, of an Apollo astronaut on the Moon, was manufactured and sold by Revell, Inc. beginning in 1970. The box art -- an artist's conception of an astronaut stepping onto the lunar surface -- played off of the excitement surrounding the Apollo program's successes. In the depiction, the astronaut's achievement is dramatized as he steps out of a partial shadow onto the Moon, with the Earth clearly visible above his head. Although the astronaut's face is pictured through the gold helmet visor, no individual astronaut is depicted.
- The model was found in the collection.
- Credit Line
- Donor unknown
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- Box, cardboard; model, plastic; decals and instruction sheet, paper
- Overall: 7.62 x 23.34 x 27.31cm (3in. x 9 3/16in. x 10 3/4in.)
- Other (model when assembled): 25.4cm (10in.)
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Air and Space Museum Collection
- Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center in Chantilly, VA
- James S. McDonnell Space Hangar
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)