Medal, Commemorative, Apollo 12
- Constantino Affer
- This Apollo 12 commemorative medal was designed by the Italian sculptor, Constantino Affer. Affer's choices to depict the Apollo 12 mission in high relief with a prominent artist's signature signal this piece's place as a piece of medallic art, an art form that came into its own with the Apollo program.
- Apollo 12 was launched on November 14, 1969, and returned to Earth eight days later. It was the sixth human spaceflight and the second lunar landing in the Apollo program. Charles Conrad, Jr., Richard Gordon, Jr., and Alan Bean were the astronauts.
- Coin and medal collector Thomas Becker gave this medal to the National Collection in 1972.
- Credit Line
- Gift of Thomas Becker
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- Bronze with silver coating
- 3-D: 4.4cm (1 3/4 in.)
- Country of Origin
- See more items in
- National Air and Space Museum Collection
- Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center in Chantilly, VA
- James S. McDonnell Space Hangar
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)