Marian Anderson Sings Spirituals
Social Media Share Tools
- Recorded by
- Marian Anderson, American, 1897 - 1993
- 2015.137.4a: A 10 inch, 33 1/3 long play RCA LM 110 record, recorded by Marian Anderson and titled "Marian Anderson Sings Spirituals." Side A has four tracks: Nobody Knows The Trouble I See, Hear De Lam's A-Cryin', My Lord, What A Morning, and Were You There. Side B has six tracks: On Ma Journey, De Gospel Train, Soon-A Will Be Done, Sinner, Please Honor, Honor, and Ride On, King Jesus. The record has a red label at the center with the RCA Victor logo, manufacturing and recording information on each side.
- 2015.137.4b: The album cover has a red border and red floral pattern center with white and black print. Anderson appears lower left of center in black-and-white. Black type at the top reads: [LM 110 / MARIAN ANDERSON SINGS SPIRITUALS].
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Object number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Unknown - Restrictions Possible
- Rights assessment and proper usage is the responsibility of the user.
- record covers
- long-playing records
- vinyl , cardboard
- H x W: 10 1/8 x 10 1/8 in. (25.7 x 25.7 cm)
- Place made
- Camden, New Jersey, United States, North and Central America
- See more items in
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Collection
- Media Arts-Audio Recordings
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- African American
- Singers (Musicians)
- Spirituals (Music)
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.