Lunar Lander, Surveyor, Engineering Mock Up, Misc Parts
- Hughes Aircraft Co.
- These are mock up parts of the solar panels for the Surveyor spacecraft mockup. The mockup was used in by the Apollo 12 mission by CBS News to simulate the activities of the mission on the lunar surface for the television audience after the Apollo 12 television camera malfunctioned on the Moon. Five Surveyor spacecraft successfully landed on the Moon during the period from May 30, 1966 to January 9, 1968 in support of the Apollo program.
- This object was donated by the Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
- Credit Line
- Gift of the Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- SPACECRAFT-Unmanned-Instruments & Payloads
- Aluminum, paint, wood, steel, plastic, cadmium plating, glass, adhesive, gold plating, synthetic fabric
- Approximate: 59.69 x 111.76 x 124.46cm (1ft 11 1/2in. x 3ft 8in. x 4ft 1in.)
- Storage: 4 ft. 10 1/4 in. × 4 ft. 1/2 in. × 2 ft. 8 in., 135lb. (148 × 123.2 × 81.3cm, 61.2kg)
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Air and Space Museum Collection
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)