Lobster Cove, Manchester, Massachusetts
Social Media Share Tools
- Winslow Homer, American, 1836–1910
- A view of a rocky cove, with a pale-blue sky and pinkish-cream clouds reflected in the water. Among foreground rocks, two small figures of fishermen dressed in caps and blue coats are visible, one holding a rod and the other a net.
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Savage Homer, Jr.
- Accession Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Object Name
- Brush and oil paint on mahogany wood panel
- 31.3 × 54 cm (12 5/16 × 21 1/4 in.)
- place depicted
- Manchester, Massachusetts, USA
- made in
- See more items in
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum Collection
- Drawings, Prints, and Graphic Design Department
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.