Lifting Sling, Support Structure, ICBC, IMAX
- IMAX Corporation
- This lifting sling was available to hold the IMAX payload bay camera during installation in the special pressurized container that held the camera in the payload bay of the space shuttle. Tags affixed to the sling indicate that it is rated to hold up to 115 kg (250 lbs), but was proven to be capable of holding up to 245 kg (540 lbs).
- This appears to be a spare sling as NASA typically used one made of wire cables to prevent any instability caused by rope stretching during lifting.
- Gift of the IMAX Corporation in 2011.
- Credit Line
- Gift of the IMAX Corporation
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- Synthetic Rope
- Adhesive Tape
- Copper Alloy
- 3-D: 77.5 × 10.2 × 2.5cm (2 ft. 6 1/2 in. × 4 in. × 1 in.)
- Country of Origin
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)