Lieutenant Daniel J. Kern and Karl Sieber examining a panel of the Ghent Altarpiece
- Kern, Daniel J.
- Sieber, Karl
- Allied Forces. Supreme Headquarters. Monuments, Fine Arts and Archives Section
- World War, 1939-1945
- Place of publication, production, or execution
- No place, unknown, or undetermined
- Physical Description
- 1 photographic print : b&w ; 11 x 16 cm.
- Identification on verso (handwritten): Lt. Kern & Karl Sieber; Alt Aussee; examining the "Lamb" in the salt mine.
Additional identification in a different pen by Thomas Carr Howe: Panel, Adam; the famous Ghent Altarpiece by Jan van Eyck, one of the, if not the greatest single art treasure of Belgium came to be called, in abbreviation "The Lamb." Full title: "Adoration of the Mystic Lamb", T.C.H.
- Lieutenant Daniel J. Kern and Karl Sieber examining a panel of the Ghent Altarpiece, 1945. Thomas Carr Howe papers, 1932-1984. Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution.
- Use Note
- Current copyright status is undetermined
- Location Note
- Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution Washington, D.C. 20560
- Record number
- See more items in
- Thomas Carr Howe papers, 1932-1984
- Archives of American Art
- Art and war
- Art, Renaissance
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Usage conditions apply