Lens, 3X, Canon, Space Shuttle
- Canon Camera
- This 3X zoom lens was used with a Canon 8mm format video camera on Space Shuttle flights in the 1990s. Astronauts could use several interchangeable lenses for different photography tasks, such as watching the external tank or capturing video of Earth through the windows, or filming crew activities and documenting any technical problems inside the vehicle.
- NASA has transferred various cameras and lenses to the Museum in 2005 when they were no longer needed for missions in space.
- Credit Line
- Transferred from NASA, Johnson Space Center.
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- Aluminum, glass, plastic, velcro
- 3-D: 9.2 × 7.5cm (3 5/8 × 2 15/16 in.)
- Country of Origin
- See more items in
- National Air and Space Museum Collection
- National Air and Space Museum in Washington, DC
- Moving Beyond Earth
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)