All Smithsonian museums in Washington, D.C., including the National Zoo, and in New York City continue to be closed to support the effort to contain the spread of COVID-19.
- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- Woman's kimono of white silk satin with woven design of tiny lozenges, tortoises and phoenixes. Embroidered with silk threads in red, gold and green with cherry blossoms, pine branches, bamboo, phoenix and butterflies. Lined with red silk.
- Credit Line
- Gift of Eleanor and Sarah Hewitt, from the textile collection of Mrs. Abram Stevens Hewitt
- ca. 1800
- Accession Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- costume & accessories
- Medium: silk embroidery, silk foundation Technique: embroidered on compound satin weave
- made in
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)