Thursday, Jan. 20, the Smithsonian's National Zoo and D.C.–area museums will delay opening until noon.
Kambara, Snow at Twilight, in The Fifty-Three Stations of the Tokaido Road (Tokaido Gojusan Tsugi-no Uchi)
- Ando Hiroshige, Japanese, 1797–1858
- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- Winter scene with heavy snow; village in the middle distance. A steep tree-clad slope at left with trees and mountains in background. In the foreground, the road slopes upwards to right with three peasants.
- Credit Line
- Gift of Mary Rutherford Jay
- ca. 1834
- Accession Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Object Name
- Woodblock print in colored ink on paper
- 24 x 36.5 cm (9 7/16 x 14 3/8 in.)
- made in
- See more items in
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum Collection
- Drawings, Prints, and Graphic Design Department
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.