In the event of a government shutdown, the Smithsonian will remain OPEN through at least Saturday, October 7. Check back for updates...
Joseph Lindon Smith letter to his parents
- Smith, Joseph Lindon, 1863-1950
- Place of publication, production, or execution
- No place, unknown, or undetermined
- Physical Description
- Letter : 3 p. : handwritten, ill. ; 21 x 14 cm.
- Smith writes to his parents while in Venice, describing meals he has eaten, social events, and his business dealings with Isabella Stewart Gardiner. He includes illustrations of all the fruits he has eaten as well as one of himself eating a giant slice of melon and another of himself with indigestion.
- Joseph Lindon Smith. Joseph Lindon Smith letter to his parents, 1894 Sept. 8. Joseph Lindon Smith papers, 1647-1965. Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution.
- Use Note
- U.S. public domain
- Location Note
- Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution Washington, D.C. 20560
- 1894 Sept. 8
- Record number
- See more items in
- Joseph Lindon Smith papers, 1647-1965, bulk 1873-1965
- Archives of American Art
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Usage conditions apply