John Sloan letter to Walter Pach
- Sloan, John French, 1871-1951
- Pach, Walter, 1883-1958
- Place of publication, production, or execution
- No place, unknown, or undetermined
- Physical Description
- Letter : 2 p. : handwritten, ill. ; 28 x 22 cm.
- Sloan describes his return to Santa Fe, and mentions going to the Metropolitan Anniversary Exhibit in New York.
The letter is illustrated with a drawing of a man smoking a pipe and holding paintbrushes, standing in front of a painting on an easel and another person (a girl?) crouching on the floor. He is turned toward another man who is looking in the doorway, saying "you want me pose?" Two bugs are flying near the ceiling, annotated "big moths very common."
- John French Sloan. John Sloan letter to Walter Pach, 1920 June 9. Walter Pach papers, 1857-1980. Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution.
- Use Note
- Current copyright status is undetermined
- Location Note
- Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution Washington, D.C. 20560
- 1920 June 9
- Record number
- See more items in
- Walter Pach papers, 1857-1980
- Archives of American Art
- Illustrated letters
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Usage conditions apply