John Rusk as Uncle Sam During Fourth of July Celebration
- Hofmeister, Richard K
- Smithsonian Institution Office of Public Affairs
- National Museum of History and Technology
- Smithsonian Institution Division of Performing Arts
- Original film available in SIA Acc. 11-009.
- Featured in the "Torch," August 1977.
- John Rusk as Uncle Sam with young celebration attendee on the terrace of the National Museum of History and Technology, now known as the National Museum of American History, with Washington Monument in view in the background.
- From Torch article: "No Fourth of July celebration would be complete without him, so the Smithsonian's Division of Performing Arts searched until it found a perfect Uncle Sam in the person of John Rusk of Oxon Hill, Md."
- Cite as
- Smithsonian Institution Archives, Record Unit 371, Box 02, Folder: August 1977, Image No. 77-8840-17A
- Repository Loc.
- Smithsonian Institution Archives Capital Gallery, Suite 3000, MRC 507; 600 Maryland Avenue, SW; Washington, DC 20024-2520
- July 4, 1977
- Local number
- SIA RU000371 [77-8840-17A]
- Restrictions & Rights
- No access restrictions Many of SIA's holdings are located off-site, and advance notice is recommended to consult a collection. Please email the SIA Reference Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- No Copyright - United States
- Black-and-white photographs
- Physical description
- Gelatin silver prints; 10 x 8;
- Smithsonian Institution Archives
- Fourth of July
- Uncle Sam (Symbolic character)
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
The Smithsonian Institution Archives welcomes personal and educational use of its collections unless otherwise noted. For commercial uses, please contact email@example.com