Jersey for the Atlanta Braves worn and autographed by Hank Aaron
Social Media Share Tools
- Created by
- Spalding, American, founded 1876
- Worn by
- Hank Aaron, American, 1934 - 2021
- Atlanta Braves "away" or "road" jersey worn by Hank Aaron during the 1968 or 1969 MLB season. Jersey is grey in color with blue and red stitched type on front and back. Type on front chest area reads, [Braves]. Type on back reads, . Patch on PR sleeve features an MLB logo with red type that reads, [100th ANNIVERSARY]. Patch on PL sleeve features an illustration of a caricatured American Indian face. Hank Aaron autograph in lower portion of jersey's front. Next to signature are several labels including a Spalding label and a size "40" label. Label with blue ink on inside of neckline reads, [44 40 68].
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Object number
- Restrictions & Rights
- No Known Copyright Restrictions
- Proper usage is the responsibility of the user.
- sports uniforms
- wool, synthetic fiber, plastic
- On form: 34 1/4 × 26 × 9 1/2 in. (87 × 66 × 24.1 cm)
- Place depicted
- Atlanta, Fulton County, Georgia, United States, North and Central America
- See more items in
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Collection
- Memorabilia and Ephemera
- Sports: Leveling the Playing Field
- On View
- NMAAHC (1400 Constitution Ave NW), National Mall Location, Community/Third Floor, 3 052
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- African American
- Clothing and dress
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.