Jacob Lawrence letter to Philip Howard Evergood
Social Media Share Tools
- Lawrence, Jacob, 1917-
- Evergood, Philip Howard, 1901-1973
- Place of publication, production, or execution
- No place, unknown, or undetermined
- Physical Description
- Letter : 1 p. : typescript ; 28 x 22 cm.
- Form letter from Lawrence on behalf of the Artist's Committee for Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee. He describes the work of the SNCC in support of voter registration and equality for African Americans, and solicits contributions to an exhibit to benefit their cause.
Handwritten notes on letter pertain to a drawing which Evergood donated to the exhibit, titled Wrestlers.
- Jacob Lawrence. Jacob Lawrence letter to Philip Howard Evergood, 1963. Philip Evergood papers, 1890-1971. Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution.
- Use Note
- Current copyright status is undetermined
- Location Note
- Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution Washington, D.C. 20560
- Record number
- See more items in
- Philip Evergood papers, 1890-1971
- Archives of American Art
- Civil rights
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Usage conditions apply
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.