J. Alden Weir letter to Henry Fitch Taylor
- Weir, Julian Alden, 1852-1919
- Taylor, Henry Fitch, 1853-1925
- Association of American Painters and Sculptors (New York, N.Y.)
- National Academy of Design (U.S.)
- Place of publication, production, or execution
- No place, unknown, or undetermined
- Physical Description
- Letter : 1 p. : typescript ; 28 x 22 cm.
- Weir explains that he is resigning his post as President of the newly-formed Assocation of American Painters & Sculptors because of a New York Times article that said the group was formed in opposition of the National Academy of Design.
- Julian Alden Weir. J. Alden Weir letter to Henry Fitch Taylor, 1912 Jan. 3. Walt Kuhn Family papers and Armory Show records, 1859-1984. Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution.
- Use Note
- U.S. public domain
- Location Note
- Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution Washington, D.C. 20560
- 1912 Jan. 3
- Record number
- See more items in
- Walt Kuhn Family papers and Armory Show records, 1859-1984, bulk 1900-1949
- Archives of American Art
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Usage conditions apply