Instruction Manual for Pickett 101-C Circular Slide Rule
Social Media Share Tools
- Pickett Industries
- Hartung, Maurice L.
- This 24-page booklet was received with 1981.0922.12. Its citation information is: Maurice L. Hartung, Dial Rule Circular Slide Rule: Your Model No. 101-C Instruction Manual (Chicago & Alhambra, Calif.: Pickett & Eckel, Inc., 1957). The back is marked: PRINTED IN U.S.A.; FORM M-18. The Pickett logo on the front cover was used between 1958 and 1962.
- The manual provides instructions and processes for the C and CI scales, multiplication, division, combined operations, the A and Af scales (for square roots), logarithms and adding fractions, the LL scale, the DS and DT scales (for drill sizes and double depth of threads), the M scale (for metric conversions), and the S, ST, and T scales (for trigonometry). There are 24 problems and answers on the back page.
- Currently not on view
- Credit Line
- Gift of John White
- ca 1958
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Object Name
- Physical Description
- paper (overall material)
- overall: 10.8 cm x 8.2 cm x .1 cm; 4 1/4 in x 3 7/32 in x 1/32 in
- place made
- United States: Illinois, Chicago
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Mathematics
- Science & Mathematics
- Slide Rules
- National Museum of American History
- Rule, Calculating
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.