- Alan B. Shepard Jr.
- B. F. Goodrich Co.
- This Mercury helmet is a real, though non flight helmet, and is attached to the anthropomorphic suit inside the "Freedom 7" capsule. The helmet is correct in every detail to those flown on the Mercury missions, but was never used.
- There were six anthropomorphic suits transferred to the Museum in 1961. These suits were made by the B.F. Goodrich Company for display purposes only, and are correct in every exterior detail. The helmets provided for these display suits were actual, though non-flight helmets.
- Transferred from NASA - Manned Spacecraft Center in 1961.
- Credit Line
- Transferred from NASA - Manned Spacecraft Center
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- PERSONAL EQUIPMENT-Helmets & Headwear
- Exterior: Plastic, aluminium, rubber
- Interior: Leather, plastic, foam, aluminium
- 3-D: 24.1 x 27.9 x 30.5cm (9 1/2 x 11 x 12 in.)
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Air and Space Museum Collection
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)