Helmet, Flying, Protective, Type H-4, United States Navy
- General Textile Mills, Inc.
- Physical Description
- United States Navy Type H-4 Protective Flying Helmet; gold fiber glass shell with brown rayon and cowhide inner webbing; adjustable boom dynamic microphone attached to right side of helmet; United States Naval Aviator's badge wing decal on front brow of helmet.
- This is an example of a Type H-4 protective flying helmet issued to United States Naval and Marine aviators in the mid-1950s. The Type H-4 was a refined update of the Type H-3 with a different shape in the design of the reinforcing ridges and the addition of a cloth inner liner with earphones.
- Credit Line
- Transferred from the United States Navy, Bureau of Aeronautics
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- PERSONAL EQUIPMENT-Helmets & Headwear
- HAZMAT: Cadmium Plating
- 3-D: 27.9 × 22.9 × 20.3cm, 0.8kg (11 × 9 × 8 in., 1.8lb.)
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Air and Space Museum Collection
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)