Head of a guardian lion
Social Media Share Tools
- Previous custodian or owner
- Victor and Takako Hauge ((1919-2013, 1923-2015))
- From at least 1973 to 2005
- Mr. and Mrs. Victor Hauge 
- From 2005
- Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, gift of Mr. and Mrs. Victor Hauge in 2005
-  Object file.
- Acquired while Mr. and Mrs. Osborne and Gratia Hauge were living in Bangkok (1967-1972 or 1973).
- They were visited on various occasions by Victor and Taka Hauge.
- Major sources of acquisitions during this time were dealers in Bangkok, the weekend market in Bangkok, and vendors in Ayutthaya.
- Credit Line
- Gift of Osborne and Gratia Hauge, and Victor and Takako Hauge
- 7th-10th century
- Dvaravati period
- Accession Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- H x W x D: 15.5 × 13.2 × 6.3 cm (6 1/8 × 5 3/16 × 2 1/2 in)
- Related Online Resources
- F|S Southeast Asia
- Google Cultural Institute
- See more items in
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Collection
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
- Dvaravati period (ca. 500 - 900)
- Southeast Asian Art
- Hauge collection
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.