H Rate(33c) Uncle Sam's Hat single Uncle Sam's Hat single
Social Media Share Tools
- The Postal Service issued the non-denominated definitive Uncle Sam's Hat "H" stamp (33-cent) on November 9, 1998, in Washington, DC. These stamps, along with the "H" rate Weather Vane stamp, supported the new postage rate that became effective January 10, 1999.
- The "H" stamp, designed by Terry McCaffrey, was issued in various formats (panes, coils, and booklets; self-adhesive and water activated adhesives) produced by two private printing firms and the Bureau of Engraving and Printing, all in the gravure process. Collectors have identified seven major varieties of the stamp.
- Postal Bulletin (October 8, 1998)
- Issued November 9, 1998
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- November 9, 1998
- Object number
- Postage Stamps
- paper; ink; adhesive
- 2.5 x 2.5 cm (1 x 1 in.)
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Scott Catalogue USA 3264
- National Postal Museum
- Contemporary (1990-present)
- U.S. Stamps
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Usage conditions apply
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.