Green velvet dress worn by Lena Horne in the film Stormy Weather
Social Media Share Tools
- Designed by
- Helen Rose, American, 1904 - 1985
- Worn by
- Lena Horne, American, 1917 - 2010
- A green velvet dress worn by Lena Horne in the film Stormy Weather (1943). The dress has a gathered waist, buckle-back, and ermine collar. It was worn by Horne as "Selina Rogers" in the dressing-room scene with actor Bill Robinson.
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Object number
- Restrictions & Rights
- No known copyright restrictions
- Proper usage is the responsibility of the user.
- velvet with metal and fur
- H x W: 53 x 24 in. (134.6 x 61 cm)
- See more items in
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Collection
- Taking the Stage
- On View
- NMAAHC (1400 Constitution Ave NW), National Mall Location, Culture/Fourth Floor, 4 054
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- African American
- Clothing and dress
- Costume design
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.