In the event of a government shutdown, the Smithsonian will remain OPEN through at least Saturday, October 7. Check back for updates...
Great Auk Skeleton Mounted for Exhibit
- United States National Museum Photographic Laboratory
- Lucas, Frederic A (Frederic Augustus) 1852-1929
- United States National Museum
- United States National Museum Department of Comparative Anatomy
- Collected by Frederic A. Lucas, osteologist and assistant curator of the Department of Comparative Anatomy at the United States National Museum, at Funk Island, Newfoundland, Canada, while on an expedition with the United States Fish Commission schooner "Grampus."
- Cite as
- Smithsonian Institution Archives, Acc. 11-007, Box 018, Image No. MNH-4284
- Repository Loc.
- Smithsonian Institution Archives Capital Gallery, Suite 3000, MRC 507; 600 Maryland Avenue, SW; Washington, DC 20024-2520
- Local number
- SIA Acc. 11-007 [MNH-4284]
- Restrictions & Rights
- No access restrictions Many of SIA's holdings are located off-site, and advance notice is recommended to consult a collection. Please email the SIA Reference Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- No Copyright - United States
- Glass negatives
- Physical description
- 10 x 8;
- Funk Island
- Smithsonian Institution Archives
- Zoological specimens--Collection and preservation
- Zoological models
- Extinct birds
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.