- Charles Smith
- A statement from the artist: "This is part of the Sankofa series that discusses the wisdom of the female structure in God, self, family, community and society. The Sankofa proverb states that 'you can't go forward until you look back."
- Cite As
- The Kohler Foundation Collection, Anacostia Community Museum, Smithsonian Institution, gift of the Kohler Foundation.
- Accession Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- concrete wire mixed media
- 67 x 32 x 13 in. (170.2 x 81.3 x 33 cm)
- See more items in
- Anacostia Community Museum Collection
- Anacostia Community Museum
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)