Gospel Hymns No. 2
Social Media Share Tools
- Composed by
- Philip Paul Bliss, American, 1838 - 1876
- Ira D. Sankey, American
- Owned by
- Harriet Tubman, American, 1822 - 1913
- Gospel Hymns No. 2, by P. P. Bliss and Ira D. Sankey, Harriet Tubman’s personal book of hymns.
- Book of hymns by P.P. Bliss and Ira D. Sankey, 112-pages, discolored cover with black printing, text and binding. Text reads "Gospel hymns No. 2, BY PP. BLISS AND IRA D. SANKEY AS USED BY THEM IN GOSPEL MEETINGS."
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture, Gift of Charles L. Blockson
- Object number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Public domain
- Proper usage is the responsibility of the user.
- ink on paper, cardboard
- H x W x D: 8 3/16 x 5 3/8 x 9/16 in. (20.8 x 13.7 x 1.4 cm)
- See more items in
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Collection
- Slavery and Freedom Objects
- Documents and Published Materials-Published Works
- Slavery and Freedom
- On View
- NMAAHC (1400 Constitution Ave NW), National Mall Location, Concourse 3, C3 053
- Personal hymnal of Harriet Tubman
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- African American
- Gospel (Music)
- The Black Church
- U.S. History, 1865-1921
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.