Gold Visor, Apollo, Extravehicular
- ILC Industries Inc.
- This gold visor is part of a total Apollo extra-vehicular visor assembly, though it was never used.
- The Apollo A7-L Lunar Extravehicular Visor Assembly consisted of a polycarbonate shell onto which the cover, visors, hinges, eyeshades, and latch were attached. It consisted of two visors, one covered with a thermal control coating and the other with a gold optical coating. It had two side sunshields which could be raised and lowered independently.
- This helmet was worn over the pressure helmet and fastened with a latch during EVA periods, and provided impact, micrometeoroid, thermal, ultraviolet and infrared light protection.
- Transferred from NASA in 1978.
- Credit Line
- Transferred from NASA
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- PERSONAL EQUIPMENT-Helmets & Headwear
- 3-D: 23.2 × 28.9 × 20.6cm (9 1/8 × 11 3/8 × 8 1/8 in.)
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)