Glove, Right, AX-3
- NASA Ames Research Center
- William Elkins
- This glove was designed and constructed for the AX-3 Advanced Extra-Vehicular Suit (AES), which was part of a NASA - Ames Research Center research and development project in the middle 1970s. The suit was designed to work at the higher operating pressure of 8 psi, was highly mobile, and required little effort to operate. The gloves were required to be a part of this system.
- Transferred from NASA - Ames Research Center to NASM in 2004.
- Credit Line
- Transferred from NASA, Ames Research Center.
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- PERSONAL EQUIPMENT-Handwear
- Overall: Leather, rubber, anodized aluminum, laminated fabric
- 3-D: 30.5 x 12.7 x 12.7cm (12 x 5 x 5 in.)
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Air and Space Museum Collection
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)