George Stout at entrance to the Altaussee salt mine
- Stout, George L. (George Leslie)
- Allied Forces. Supreme Headquarters. Monuments, Fine Arts and Archives Section
- Place of publication, production, or execution
- No place, unknown, or undetermined
- Physical Description
- 1 photographic print : b&w ; 13 x 18 cm.
- Shows Stout, in center of image with hands in pockets, walking away from two military vehicles and a group of men prepared to transport looted art from the mine.
- George Stout at entrance to the Altaussee salt mine, 1945. Thomas Carr Howe papers, 1932-1984. Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution.
- Use Note
- Current copyright status is undetermined
- Location Note
- Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution Washington, D.C. 20560
- Record number
- Altaussee, Austria
- See more items in
- Thomas Carr Howe papers, 1932-1984
- Archives of American Art
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Usage conditions apply