Game, Board Games, Buck Rogers, 3-Game Set
- Lutz & Sheinkman, Inc.
- This set of Buck Rogers' board games manufactured by Lute & Sheinkman beginning in 1934 allowed fans of the space-based adventure series to play out some of the character's adventures. The set includes three separate game boards with instructions for playing each board individually or playing a game that required all three boards simultaneously.
- Although "Buck Rogers" later became synonymous with "space adventure," not all of the comic, radio, and movie character's early adventures were set in outer space. In addition to game boards illustrating "Cosmic Rocket Wars" and "Siege of Gigantica: City in the Heavens," this 98¢ set also included an ocean-based board called "Search for the Secrets of Atlantis."
- Michael O'Harro donated this board game set to the Museum in 1993.
- Credit Line
- Gift of Michael O'Harro; No restrictions except copyright. See events related to artifact.
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- MEMORABILIA-Popular Culture
- Cardboard, Paper, Ink, Plastic, Adhesive
- 3-D (Retail Box): 42.9 x 22.5 x 3.2cm (16 7/8 x 8 7/8 x 1 1/4 in.)
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Air and Space Museum Collection
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)