All Smithsonian museums in Washington, D.C., including the National Zoo, and in New York City continue to be closed to support the effort to contain the spread of COVID-19.
Bell (yong zhong)
- Previous custodian or owner
- Lee Chiao San (C.L. Freer source)
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919)
- To 1911
- Lee Chiao San, Shanghai, to 1911 
- From 1911 to 1919
- Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Lee Chiao San in 1911 
- From 1920
- Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
-  See Original Bronze List, S.I. 197, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
-  See note 1.
-  The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Lang Freer
- ca. 600-550 BCE
- Eastern Zhou dynasty
- Accession Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Musical Instrument
- H x W: 33.4 x 17.7 cm (13 1/8 x 6 15/16 in)
- Related Online Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
- Eastern Zhou dynasty (770 - 221 BCE)
- Chinese Art
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)