Frida Kahlo, Paris, France letter to Nickolas Muray, New York, N.Y.
- Kahlo, Frida, 1907-1954
- Muray, Nickolas, 1892-1965
- Breton, André
- Duchamp, Marcel
- Place of publication, production, or execution
- No place, unknown, or undetermined
- Physical Description
- 7 letter : handwritten ; 26 x 21 cm. 11 x 15 cm. (envelope)
- A letter describing Frida Kaho's stay in France, particularly an illness and hospitalization, the logistics surrounding her art exhibition in Paris and her intense disdain for the French art community, particularly André Breton. She also mentions meeting Marcel Duchamp.
Enclosed with letter are knickknacks including two metal fish and some floral designs.
- Frida Kahlo. Frida Kahlo, Paris, France letter to Nickolas Muray, New York, N.Y., 1939 February 16. Nickolas Muray papers, 1910-1992. Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution.
- Use Note
- Current copyright status is undetermined
- Location Note
- Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution Washington, D.C. 20560
- 1939 February 16
- Record number
- Paris, France
- See more items in
- Nickolas Muray papers, 1910-1992
- Archives of American Art
- Hispanic American women artists
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Usage conditions apply