Frida Kahlo, Paris, France letter to Nickolas Muray, New York, N.Y.
Social Media Share Tools
- Kahlo, Frida, 1907-1954
- Muray, Nickolas, 1892-1965
- Breton, André
- Duchamp, Marcel
- Place of publication, production, or execution
- No place, unknown, or undetermined
- Physical Description
- 7 letter : handwritten ; 26 x 21 cm. 11 x 15 cm. (envelope)
- A letter describing Frida Kaho's stay in France, particularly an illness and hospitalization, the logistics surrounding her art exhibition in Paris and her intense disdain for the French art community, particularly André Breton. She also mentions meeting Marcel Duchamp.
Enclosed with letter are knickknacks including two metal fish and some floral designs.
- Frida Kahlo. Frida Kahlo, Paris, France letter to Nickolas Muray, New York, N.Y., 1939 February 16. Nickolas Muray papers, 1910-1992. Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution.
- Use Note
- Current copyright status is undetermined
- Location Note
- Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution Washington, D.C. 20560
- 1939 February 16
- Record number
- Paris, France
- See more items in
- Nickolas Muray papers, 1910-1992
- Archives of American Art
- Hispanic American women artists
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Usage conditions apply
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.