All Smithsonian museums in Washington, D.C., including the National Zoo, and in New York City continue to be closed to support the effort to contain the spread of COVID-19.
Franz Boas posing for figure in USNM exhibit entitled "Hamats'a coming out of secret room" 1895 or before
- Digital surrogate produced from glass plate negative
- Date: Not recorded; 1895 or before.
- Original glass negative.
- Black and white original glass negative
- Addl. KW Subjects
- Kwakiutl (Kwakwaka'wakw)
- Notations on back of photograph of exhibit (USNM Kwakiutl no Number): "U.S.N.M. Rept. (1895) Plate 29 Hamats'a coming out of secret room," and "Kwakiutl Indian ceremony for expelling cannibals."
- Cite as
- Negative MNH 8301, National Anthropological Archives, Smithsonian Institution
- Repository Loc.
- National Anthropological Archives, Smithsonian Museum Support Center, Suitland, Maryland
- Kwakiutl Indians
- Indians of North America Northwest Coast of North America
- 1895 or before
- Local number
- OPPS NEG MNH 8301
- Physical description
- 1 8x10 in photograph
- National Anthropological Archives
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Usage conditions apply