Francis Davis Millet and assistants working on a mural
- Millet, Francis Davis
- Place of publication, production, or execution
- No place, unknown, or undetermined
- Physical Description
- 1 photographic print : b&w ; image 16 x 21 cm., on board 18 x 23 cm.
- Shows Millet (standing) at work, in his 1256 Wisconsin Avenue, Washington, DC, studio which he called his Art Factory.
Mural is The history of shipping from the earliest recorded use of boats until the present time which was installed in the Baltimore Customs House in 1908.
Identification on verso (handwritten): F.D. Millet Studio working on ceiling.
Outer edge of photograph has framing damage.
- Francis Davis Millet and assistants working on a mural, 1907. Francis Davis Millet and Millet family papers, 1858-1984. Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution.
- Use Note
- U.S. public domain
- Location Note
- Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution Washington, D.C. 20560
- Record number
- See more items in
- Francis Davis Millet and Millet family papers, 1858-1984, bulk 1858-1955
- Archives of American Art
- Artists at or with their work
- Artists' studios
- Mural painting and decoration
- Ships in art
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Usage conditions apply