Framed photograph of an unidentified WWI sailor
Social Media Share Tools
- Created by
- Subject of
- Unidentified Man or Men
- Framed black and white photograph of an unidentified WWI sailor standing with his arms behind his back. The sailor is wearing his uniform, cap, and scarf. A line of sailors can be seen on the right and in the far back of the image with trees in the background. Handwritten text on the photograph in blue ink reads, [To / Mother Brown / from James]. The frame is painted cardboard beige with black border and back. The back has cut marks throughout to assemble the frame. On the top left corner are manufacturer’s marks that state, [UNDER ONE / OR MORE PATS. / 2.092.3482.18, 874 / 2.248, 2-8-2,248.209].
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture, Gift of Alan Laird
- Object number
- Restrictions & Rights
- No Known Copyright Restrictions
- Proper usage is the responsibility of the user.
- frames (furnishings)
- silver and photographic gelatin on photographic paper with paint on cardboard
- H x W x D: 8 1/8 × 5 5/8 × 5/16 in. (20.6 × 14.3 × 0.8 cm)
- See more items in
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Collection
- Media Arts-Photography
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- African American
- World War I
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.