Four Studies of Soldiers' Heads
- Winslow Homer, American, 1836–1910
- Vertical view showing the heads of four soldiers, with color notation, "Blue", beside head, at center left; and an indistinct letter, at top.
- Verso: various sketches of (1)a clouded sky, several "W's" inscribed at top; (2)a shore with boulders and vegetation emerging from the water, shown horizontally, with "Redish - white/ L[ight] B[lue]", the places to which are referred to being marked with circles and strokes, respectively, inscribed in the sky.
- Credit Line
- Gift of Charles Savage Homer, Jr.
- Accession Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Object Name
- Black chalk on beige paper (darkened), lined; verso: charcoal, black and white crayon on beige paper (darkened), lined
- 42.7 x 24.3 cm (16 13/16 x 9 9/16 in.), irregular
- made in
- See more items in
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum Collection
- Drawings, Prints, and Graphic Design Department
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.