Flag, United States
Social Media Share Tools
- This United States flag, which was flown at the U.S. Capitol, was then presented to the NASA Space Shuttle Orbiter Processing team for display in Orbiter Processing Facility-3 (OPF-3) at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida. That building served as the final servicing bay for the space shuttle orbiter Discovery (which after it was retired was transferred to the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum).
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration transferred the flag to the Museum in 2013 when the OPFs were begin emptied after the end of the Space Shuttle Program.
- Credit Line
- Transferred from the National Aeronautics and Space Aministration.
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- Flag: canvas
- Frame: pine wood, varnish, plexiglass, cardboard paper, steel
- Overall: Flag: 157.5 x 248.9cm (62 x 98 in.)
- Overall: Flag frame: 5.7cm (2 1/4 in.)
- Overall: Certificate with frame: 34.3 x 3.8 x 41.9cm (13 1/2 x 1 1/2 x 16 1/2 in.)
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Air and Space Museum Collection
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.