Flag, United States, USA
Social Media Share Tools
- Physical Description
- United States flag carried and flown by a C-17 in Afghanistan during Operation Enduring Freedom.
- In response to the 9/11 attacks, the United States Air Force conducted a variety of missions in support of counter-terrorism operations in the skies over Afghanistan. On of the more unique of these missions was the airdrop of over 1 million Humanitarian Daily Rations (HDRs) to innocent Afghans. This flag was carried on board a C-17 transport aircraft that was participated in one of these humanitarian missions.
- Credit Line
- Gift of the United States Air Force.
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- Cloth, Nylon.
- 2-D - Unframed (H x W): 91.4 × 152.4cm (3 × 5 ft.)
- 3-D (folded): 27.3 × 57.1 × 4.4cm (10 3/4 in. × 1 ft. 10 1/2 in. × 1 3/4 in.)
- See more items in
- National Air and Space Museum Collection
- Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center in Chantilly, VA
- Boeing Aviation Hangar
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.