Fins, Set of Four, Rocket, Nike Booster, Nike-Cajun
- U.S. Army
- These four fins are attached to the bottom of the U.S. Army's Nike booster rocket, which launched civilian and military payloads, such as the Cajun sounding rocket and the Ajax missile. The booster produced fifty thousand pounds of thrust for three seconds. When used to launch the Cajun, the booster was modified and fitted with four fins instead of the standard three for military missiles.
- The National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics donated an entire Nike-Cajun sounding rocket to the Smithsonian in 1958.
- Credit Line
- Transferred from the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- CRAFT-Missile & Rocket Parts
- Welded magnesium plate.
- Overall: 55.88 x 58.42cm (1ft 10in. x 1ft 11in.)
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Air and Space Museum Collection
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)