Face Painting Station at Fourth of July Celebration
- Hofmeister, Richard K
- Smithsonian Institution Office of Public Affairs
- Smithsonian Institution Division of Performing Arts
- Original film available in SIA Acc. 11-009.
- Featured in the "Torch," August 1977.
- From Torch article: "An estimated 201,000 visitors attended the outdoor Fourth of July Celebration, July 2-4, on the grounds and terraces of the Museum of History and Technology. Produced by the Division of Performing Arts in association with MHT, the three day event became a focal point for Washington's celebration of America's 201st birthday. Shirley Cherkasky, coordinator for the programs, reported that everything went smoothly as crowds of families, young people, and senior citizens gathered to watch high-wheel bikers, puppets, and clowns, and to sit at the amphitheater stage to enjoy gospel, bluegrass, and old fashioned band music."
- Cite as
- Smithsonian Institution Archives, Record Unit 371, Box 02, Folder: August 1977, Image No. 77-8825-07A
- Repository Loc.
- Smithsonian Institution Archives Capital Gallery, Suite 3000, MRC 507; 600 Maryland Avenue, SW; Washington, DC 20024-2520
- July 4, 1977
- Local number
- SIA RU000371 [77-8825-07A]
- Restrictions & Rights
- No access restrictions Many of SIA's holdings are located off-site, and advance notice is recommended to consult a collection. Please email the SIA Reference Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- No Copyright - United States
- Black-and-white photographs
- Physical description
- Gelatin silver prints; 8 x 10;
- Smithsonian Institution Archives
- Fourth of July
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
The Smithsonian Institution Archives welcomes personal and educational use of its collections unless otherwise noted. For commercial uses, please contact email@example.com