- The “Dirty Dozen” refered to on this button is a list of legislators who were seen as being unsympathetic to environmental causes. The list was developed by the League of Conservation Voters and Environmental Action in the 1970s.
- Political activism continues to be an important element of the environmental movement. This button illustrates one approach, to oppose political candidates with poor environmental records.
- Currently not on view
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Object Name
- Physical Description
- metal (overall material)
- overall: .33 cm x 4.4 cm; x 1/8 in x 1 3/4 in
- National Museum of American History
- Environmental Movement
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)