Dresden Star Quilt
- Ira Blount
- This quilt offers a variation on a traditional Dresden Star pattern repeated four times in block quadrants. The fabric for all four stars features the same floral print with green and metallic gold leaves and pink, yellow, and violet flowers on a dark blue background. Each star is created from twelve identical sections of the fabric print, carefully cut out and arranged in a circle. This results in four unique, highly distinct stars. The solid blue sashing accentuates the patterned stars.
- After moving to Washington, DC following World War II, Ira Blount mastered dozens of artisanal crafts. His love for crafting, learning, and community engagement would endure over the course of his long life and career.
- Cite As
- Gift of Ira Blount
- mid 20th-early 21st Century
- Accession Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- cotton, polyester, batting
- 38 1/2 × 38 7/8 in. (97.8 × 98.7 cm)
- See more items in
- Anacostia Community Museum Collection
- Anacostia Community Museum
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.