Doll, Babylon 5, Limited Edition, Captain John Sheridan
- Exclusive Toy Products, Inc.
- This limited edition doll of Captain John Sheridan is memorabilia from "Babylon 5," a space-themed television show which aired from 1993-1999. The show's creator, J. Michael Straczynski (JMS), conceived an adult science fiction show with a five-year arc. As a result, the series storyline unfolded over five seasons. Although episodes could be watched individually, plots stretched between shows and over seasons. After "Babylon 5" was cancelled in its fourth season, its determined fans found the show a home at the cable network TNT, so that the story arc could be completed. More significant, "Babylon 5" spawned a fan culture that used e-mail, newsgroups, and websites (in addition to newsletters and collectible items) to share affection for the series. Straczynski (JMS on-line) participated actively on the internet, answering fans questions and offering insights into production decisions. The use of the internet and e-mail as the backbone of its fan culture makes "Babylon 5" a marker of its times.
- Jeannie Whited donated this piece of "Babylon 5" memorabilia to the Museum in 2005.
- Credit Line
- Gift of Jeannie C. Whited.
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- MEMORABILIA-Popular Culture
- plastic, synthetic fabric, paperboard, paint, Velcro
- 3-D: 14 x 8.9 x 30.5cm (5 1/2 x 3 1/2 x 12 in.)
- Country of Origin
- See more items in
- National Air and Space Museum Collection
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)