District of Columbia Owney tag
Social Media Share Tools
- Owney, American, c. 1888 - 1897
- Owney was given this District of Columbia dog license tag in 1890. The license allowed Owney to legally travel along the streets of the nation’s capital. The dog license is number “1821.” There is nothing with the tag to indicate who purchased it for the dog to wear.
- Object number
- Seals, Symbols & Signage
- Height x Width: 1 3/16 x 1 3/16 in. (3.02 x 3.02 cm)
- District of Columbia
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- National Postal Museum
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.