Disentanglement Puzzle, Three Rings Puzzle
Social Media Share Tools
- A. C. Gilbert Company
- This disentanglement puzzle consists of three intertwined metal rings. A paper card gives instructions on how to separate them. A mark on the card reads: No. 878. THREE RINGS PUZZLE. The text and figures, as well as the model number, correspond to those in a 1920 A.C. Gilbert catalog, hence the maker and rough date assigned.
- A.C. Gilbert Company, Book of Instructions for Use with Gilbert Puzzle Parties. . ., New Haven: A.C. Gilbert Company, 1920, p. 3. A copy of this booklet is online at gamearchives.org, accessed July 26, 2017.
- Currently not on view
- Credit Line
- Gift of Edith R. Meggers
- ca 1920.
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Object Name
- Physical Description
- metal (overall material)
- paper (overall material)
- overall: 2 cm x 12.25 cm x 12.15 cm; 25/32 in x 4 13/16 in x 4 25/32 in
- place made
- United States: Connecticut, New Haven
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Mathematics
- Science & Mathematics
- National Museum of American History
- Mathematical Recreations
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.