Design for a Gate of a Villa
Social Media Share Tools
- Carlo Marchionni, Italian, 1702–1786
- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- Pilasters with mounds on top frame of the opening. Volutes connect their upper parts with the garden wall, the nearest parts to the gate of which are shaped as panels flanked by pilasters. A man stand in the opening. Measurements are inscribed. On verso: “Debbito di…(?) Lem Le / Credito mio / Gerchecca (?) / …(?) in man d(I) G…o(?)Cunder(?)” and struck out accounts.
- Credit Line
- Museum purchase through gift of various donors
- Accession Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Object Name
- Pen and ink on laid paper
- 27.3 x 19.6 cm (10 3/4 x 7 11/16 in.)
- made in
- See more items in
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum Collection
- Drawings, Prints, and Graphic Design Department
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.