Coronation and Beach Scene
Social Media Share Tools
- Malcolm Morley, American, b. London, England,1931–2018
- Kornblee Gallery, New York, to 8 May 1969
- Joseph H. Hirshhorn, New York and Washington, DC, 8 May 1969-31 August 1981
- (Estate of Joseph H. Hirshhorn, 1981-1986)
- Joseph H. Hirshhorn Bequest, 1981
- Exhibition History
- MILWAUKEE ART CENTER. "Directions 2: Aspects of a New Realism," 21 June-10 August 1969, no. 36, p. 55 (Tour: CONTEMPORARY ART MUSEUM, Houston, 17 September-19 October; AKRON ART INSTITUTE, 9 November-14 December).
- HIRSHHORN MUSEUM AND SCULPTURE GARDEN, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC. "Selections from the Joseph H. Hirshhorn Bequest," 7 August-16 November 1986, unpublished checklist, no. 65.
- MUSÉE NATIONAL D'ART MODERNE, CENTRE GEORGES POMPIDOU, Paris. Malcolm Morley, 2 June-19 September 1993, ill. p. 92. (Tour: CENTRE RÉGIONAL D'ART CONTEMPORAIN MIDI-PYRÉNÉES, Toulouse-Labège, 15 October 1993-30 January 1994).
- HAYWARD GALLERY, London. "Malcolm Morley," 15 June - 27 August 2001.
- MUSEUM OF CONTEMPORARY ART, NORTH MIAMI, Florida. "Malcolm Morley: The Art of Painting" 20 January 2006 - 16 April 2006.
- Published References
- [CALAS, NICK, and ELENA CALAS. "Reviews and Previews: Icons and Images of the Sixties," Art News (April 1969)].
- COVER REPRODUCTION. Art and Artists 4 (February 1970).
- KULTERMAN, UDO. New Realism (Greenwich, Connecticut: New York Graphic Society, 1972): fig. 125.
- KIMMELMAN, MICHAEL. "Art View: A Painter's Painter Whose Art is About Art," New York Times (25 July 1993): H30.
- SUAREZ DE JESUS, CARLOS. "Royal Paint in Arse," Miami New Times (8 February 2006).
- MILLS, MICHAEL. "Return of the Malc," New Times Broward (16 February 2006).
- TRELLES, EMMA. "A Wild Man Flexes Muscles," South Florida Sun-Sentinel (26 March 2006).
- ZWEITE, ARMIN (essay). Karin Kneffel: Endlich (New York: Gagosian Gallery, 2015), color ill. pp. 34, 85.
- Credit Line
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC, The Joseph H. Hirshhorn Bequest, 1981
- Accession Number
- Acrylic on canvas
- 89 5/8 X 90 1/8 IN. (227.7 X 228.7 CM.)
- See more items in
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden Collection
- British Contemporary
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.