Contract signed by Otis Redding for "Mr. Pitiful"
Social Media Share Tools
- Created by
- East Publications Inc.
- Subject of
- Otis Redding, American, 1941 - 1967
- Steve Cropper, American, born 1941
- Jim Stewart, American, born 1930
- A contract signed by Otis Redding. The contract has black print on legal paper with signatures on the bottom right of the front. The contract establishes the payment distribution regarding the song "Mr. Pitiful" between writers Otis Redding and Steve Cropper and Stax/Volt record executive Jim Stewart.
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Object number
- Restrictions & Rights
- No Known Copyright Restrictions
- Proper usage is the responsibility of the user.
- ink on paper
- H x W: 14 x 8 1/2 in. (35.6 x 21.6 cm)
- Place depicted
- 3226 Commodore, Macon, Bibb County, Georgia, United States, North and Central America
- 2582 Capewood, Memphis, Shelby County, Tennessee, United States, North and Central America
- See more items in
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Collection
- Documents and Published Materials-Business and Legal Documents
- Musical Crossroads
- On View
- NMAAHC (1400 Constitution Ave NW), National Mall Location, Culture/Fourth Floor, 4 053
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- African American
- Soul (Music)
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.