Comptometer Model B, 1/20 Fraction
Social Media Share Tools
- Felt & Tarrant Manufacturing Company
- This full-keyboard non-printing adding machine has a metal top and mechanism, eight columns of color-coded octagonal plastic keys with complementary digits indicated, and a zeroing crank on the right side. The second column of keys from the right has only one key in it. The keys are alternately concave (odd digits) and flat (even digits). Nine rows of number wheels in front of the keyboard indicate the result. The second number wheel from the right has only zeros and ones on it. The sides and base of the machine are missing. It is marked on a metal tag screwed to the top at the back: TRADE COMPTOMETER MARK. The last patent date on the tag is: AUG.9.04.
- This is a forerunner of the Model C Comptometer for British currency (MA.323652).
- Felt & Tarrant, Accession Journal 1991.3107.06.
- Currently not on view
- Credit Line
- Gift of Victor Comptometer Corporation
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Object Name
- adding machine
- Physical Description
- wood (overall material)
- metal (overall material)
- plastic (overall material)
- overall: 14.5 cm x 24 cm x 36 cm; 5 23/32 in x 9 7/16 in x 14 3/16 in
- place made
- United States: Illinois, Chicago
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Mathematics
- Adding Machines
- Science & Mathematics
- National Museum of American History
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.